Saturday, May 1, 2010

Back to the Future...


Moda "Gypsy Rose" Hobo Style Raggy Bag, available in my Bags by doni store!



Want to make a rag quilt bag? I am now selling kits for these cute OOAK bags! This one is made with a fun assortment of Moda "the Udder Cowboy" fabrics. It come complete with pre-cut squares, batting, button and instructions. It is also available in Moda "American Primer" and some cool Michael Miller "Boho" prints.


I have seriously had big ambitions for my blogging future in the past.

Unfortunately it is easy to put your blog on the back burner when life happens.

And oh my goodness... has life been happening here lately! It is pretty much the same as after my kids were born about 3 1/2 decades ago and I kept waiting for "things to get back to normal." Then, oh, about 10 years into it I had an epiphany. THIS IS NORMAL! Yup, this is it and now the normalness seems to have multiplied itself and come back to keep me from getting too comfy or bored. In other words, not only are we no longer an empty nest, but we are full to overflowing with children and grandchildren. Chaos has descended upon me as we learn the way of life with 3 families under one roof.

So now is as good a time as any to refocus and move forward wouldn't you agree?

And since the new living arrangements have landed my office in my sewing studio I have a big reorganizing project to motivate me here!

I started out small today with K helping me pull out all the pre-cut squares I had in my bins of quilt kit fabric and we "kitted up" a bunch of very cute fabric bundles for baby quilts. They are all flannels and chenilles and minky dots and and we got 20 different sets of 50 picked out before our feet and backs gave out on us. YOWZA! That's 1000 6" squares!

I'll be posting pics of all of them here over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila