Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rainbow Brite and Some Girlie Bags

Does anyone remember this little cartoon character?

Rainbow Brite and her unicorn Starlite? It was an 80s thing and I came across this little sticker set a while back, dated 1983 by Hallmark. They must have been Missy's, and I can't imagine how they escaped being stuck on the dresser drawers or the toybox or the side of my china cabinet for that matter.

Anyway, I thought of Rainbow Brite when I finished these little rag quilt hobo bags for Di's granddaughter's Morgan and Maddie. The fabrics are actually 60s peace, love and butterflies styled. But I really like the rainbow of colors in the ragging bloom, just perfect for little girls.

There is also a lot of glitter dots on the fabrics, sorry those didn't come through on the pics, but they really sparkle in the sunshine!

I think the girls will have fun with their special fun and funky 60s rainbow bags!

3 comments:

  1. I love your raggy hobo bag pattern, and those two made from those bright, fun colors are just adorable! I'm sure the girls are going to love them!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember them....not for me but for my grandchildren.

    Darling bags and they will certain love them...I do!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those two bags. They are adorable. As for Rainbow Brite ~ I remember. My daughter's whole room was decorated with Rainbow Brite. I even did a needlepoint for her and made pillows. Too fun.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila