Monday, October 5, 2009

Yummy Cupcakes

I made a big bunch of these cute raggy quilted burp cloths to sell at the craft show but I couldn't figure out the best way to package them for sale. I ended up putting them in a basket with price tags on the back but they didn't do very well.


Yesterday I got to thinking about them and for some reason the idea of turning them into cupcakes came to mind. After a little experimenting it was off to the craft store for some supplies and here is what I came up with.

I used the inexpensive 1 1/2" satin ribbon from Wally's to wrap them, pinned a rainbow rickrack "frosting" around them and stuck a pom pom cherry on top. I taped the paper cupcake liners on with double stick tape. How stinkin' cute is this to put into your baby shower gift basket? I am thinking of getting a cake box to display them at my next show, or maybe I will do a couple of tiered plates from my tea party dishes.



5 comments:

  1. GREAT idea! Those are SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea for showing them at shows and attracting buyers to your booth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...I'm Laura from Italy; I made felt food http://chebirba.blogspot.com/search/label/Felt%20Food

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute!! Definitely going to remember this for new babies in the family. What a cute gift. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila