Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Free Crap-a-Thon

Success. Well at least on one front of the battle anyway. I got a ton of decluttering done yesterday and was feeling quite satisfied with myself. (patting myself on the back) There was about 6 tons of stuff that went into the trash and that was just from cleaning out 2 cabinets and the beverage frig in the kitchen. 


Mr. Rainbowcreek was busy in the garage all day yesterday and informed me that he had managed to make some space. He was putting some finishing touches on the cleanup today before he left for work when I showed up to inspect the progress. That is actually not true. I went out there to look for an old 20 gallon aquarium that I had spotted yesterday on one of my trips to the trash can. BECAUSE... last night I found this... 





Awesome Mini-Outdoor Fireplace tutorial at The Art of Doing Stuff.


 I so want to make one of these for my outdoor living room. And I happened to think that the aquarium might do the trick rather than tracking down all the parts to put this together. I'll let you know how that turns out sometime soon. I don't actually have an outdoor living room really. I just have big plans for one. But I can't start that until I get some of the mess cleaned up and make room for working on new projects. 


So after I located the aquarium and placed it on the workbench I noticed that the garage was just chock full of crap and I started digging through it and piling it up in the middle of the garage. Mr. Rainbowcreek became alarmed, here he had spent a whole day neatly stacking and organizing this crap and I was just dragging it out and undoing everything. I told him to get on his way to work and I would have this taken care of before he got home. It was time for a Craigs List FREE Crap-a-Thon! So I kept adding to the pile, call me RUTHLESS! I kept digging for more goodies to sweeten the pot, to draw the hoards of hoarders to race to the finish line to claim all my treasures. I took pictures and posted the ad.




 Some of the crap wasn't even in the garage, I rounded it up from the junk pile outside.


And I found all this in the closet in our office.


I sat back and waited about 30 seconds for my phone to start ringing off the hook. 


By the time Big K got home from work I was taking names for the frig, snowblower, gas grill and lawn mower, one guy was on his way to pick up anything I had left and another guy called and said he thought he could beat him here. They both showed up at the same time and a good time was had by all. They divvied up the goods between them and a couple of other stragglers.  Then they came inside and gave me a bid for some tile work I need done, checked out a couple of sewing machines I have for sale and one made on offer on our broken down van that has been sitting in the driveway for 3 years. Nature girl Annie even got in on the social networking and sold a couple of her fuzzy puff ball bunnies to one of the ladies. 


When Mr. Rainbowcreek left for work he warned me to make sure there was enough room to put the Harley back in there by the time he got home. He had a lot of room to spare. Oh how I love Craigs List. I might have another FREE Crap-a-Thon next week, just cause it's so much fun.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! What a great idea...I've never thought to give away stuff on Craig's List, but may just have to borrow your idea. Great job!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila