Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Moment of Truth About My Addiction

I. Have. Fabric. 
And I am going to be honest and admit that much of it is never going to see the light of my cutting table. Because, I move on, change direction and just lose focus on what I had in mind on a specific day that I decided that this fabric had to be mine. 

Did I mention that I am easily distracted. Or that I went to the laundry room tonight to put something away and spotted a pair of worn out Levi's on the table and went and got a pair of scissors and proceeded to cut out an apron for Sis, just because I had seen one on someone's blog tonight.

So I am going to be opening a little fabric shoppe corner on my Rainbow Creek  quilt kits site to try to find a new home for some of my most beloved pieces. I thought I would give you a sneak preview, just in case you are under-stashed and in need of something that I have been hiding away in the bat cave here.
FQ's Michael Miller Baby Goth and Dumb Dot in turquoise and espresso. I have 4 of each.

Really, these are THE Poker Dogs, from the Cassius Coolidge prints. My mother in law had a framed set hanging in the basement of her house, really. I have 2 1/2 yards.
Oops, this flannel Dale Jr. print never got made into a baby boy quilt before he changed his number to 88. Or something like that.  2+ yards.
One yard of the most adorable retro Michael Miller flannel, baby girls in rain slickers. So cute!
This deep red on cream children's toile is a soft shirting cotton. I still think it would make a gorgeous nursery set. 4 yards + two coordinating fabrics below. (And by the way, if you don't sew and would love a pretty vintage nursery set of this I do take custom orders still. I have enough for a crib set plus valances and maybe some basket liners and pillows or other accessories.)
Black and dark blue on cream shirting. 2 yards
Deep red on cream floral shirting. 3 yards
Black and red on cream shirting, 4 yards

Another MM retro flannel, Playpals. Only 1 yard.

Strange Kokopelli print for Museum of New Mexico, 2 yards.
Red and white Cowboy print, 2 yds.
MM, Tossed Geisha on pretty purple, 3 1/3 yards in two cuts.
MM Geisha Room Royal blue, 1 yard

Retro look "Our Family" at the beach, on a pretty turquoise, 2 yards
MM retro ladies "Spring Rain" on yellow, 1 yard only

Patty Reed Paper Dolls, on the prettiest blue. 1 yard only
MM Tossed Geisha Turquoise, 3 yards.
Marcus Brothers Playing in Spotzville, 2 yards
Tre Chic "packed pocketbooks" for Vintage Workshop, 1 yard +

Hula Hoop fun! MM retro on yellow, 1 yard only.
John Deere OOP tractors, yellow check background, 1 yard only.
Moda from Paris Cats cobalt blue colorway, 1 yard. Also have the light blue starburst, 2 yards.
Really nice Batik flower print in teal, 3 yards.
Classic Cottons feedsack reproduction, kittens with yarn, 34 inches.
MM Pink Baby Goth and Dumb Dot, 4 FQ's of each + 2 yards of each.
MM retro Boomerang and Car Hops, 2 FQ's of each.

So if you see anything you can picture for your next sewing project feel free to email or check out my store over the next few days for pricing. These will be going for about what I paid for them or a little less. Now how is it that I can't remember my own grandkids names half the time but I remember what I paid for a yard of flannel 4 years ago? Is there something seriously wrong with that or what? 

I am going to try to figure out how to install a Paypal button on my blog, but that might not happen for a while. I'll combine shipping or waive shipping fees on multiple orders too, just haven't worked out the details on that yet.

3 comments:

  1. Doni, I am afflicted with the same addiction as you! One of my goals this year is to use up a lot of the fabric in my stash, so I've put myself on a self-imposed spending freeze when it comes to fabric. It will be interesting to see how long I last! At least I'll know where to come if I feel I just have to have something! :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing! I make big plans to create something awesome, but then I get sidetracked and never come back to the original project. I'm trying not to buy any fabric for the next few months and just use what I have. It's going to be hard!!!
    I love your blog...I awarded you a Stylish Blogger Award at http://figuringoutthesmallstuff.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award/
    Please stop by to accept it when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the kittens with yarn fabric. I love the design very cute.

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila