Friday, January 7, 2011

6 Days in 2011

Wow this year is getting off to a fast start. Six days already passed? Well, I started New Years day with a swollen lymph node that felt like I was being stabbed in the neck from my ear to my collar bone. But I felt fine and figured if I just got out and got a little fresh air it would be OK. NOT! An evil virus crept up on me that night. I used Zycam and my secret arsenal of jalapenos and green chile to fight it off, but I ended up sleeping in my chair for 4 days anyway. So today I finally got back to feeling all motivated and New Yearsie (I just made that New Yearsie thing up. Not a real word, but I think you know what I mean.) And now I am ready to tackle some of my goals.

So who needs one of these?
I am not so good at math but I had 5 quilt kit orders to cut out yesterday and it amounted to something like this: 4 X 144 + 1 X 240 = and I guess it was somewhere around 750 squares I cut out.

I know that Accuquilt was doing all those GO! giveaways last year and I entered to win a few times. But this Accuquilt Studio cutter is really the thing I have been dreaming of and it has been on my New Years Resolutions for 3 years in a row. 

This year I took a different approach and decided that I would actually set a goal and save the money specifically for this. I started with a little bit of Christmas gift cash and then whatever comes in from my sales I am adding to the kitty instead of just spending it. GUESS WHAT??? I am almost halfway to my goal already!! And the amazing thing is that when I have that goal in mind I have a totally different attitude toward the cash I am carrying around. Like I have no desire to spend it. When I see something that I want and I know I have the money in my pocket I just mentally subtract it from my goal and then it is so easy to talk myself out of buying something I don't really need. Well this is probably not that amazing to people who know how to manage their money well. But that is not something I am good at so I am loving this new me! I am hoping for the end of February to reach my goal!

And I started my first ever in my lifetime diet today. Really, I have never done it before and it is a little strange and scary to me. My goal is to lose 15lbs. by March 15. Yeah, I can do that.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better.....and YAY! for your goal of buying an AccuQuilt cutter. I love mine and use it a lot.

    Yes, I am saving that way too.....by having a goal in mind and it really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having an Accuquilt cutter thingy would be so great! I should start saving for one of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love, love, love your Studio cutter when you do get it. I would only recommend one change for you... if you're going to be cutting kits, consider getting the 12" Block Dies that have multiples on each die. As great as having the die cutter is, you will be so much happier being able to cut 40 squares at once instead of 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - me again!

    Do let me know if you have any questions or need help as you go along. I'm in the process of transferring all of my AccuQuilt knowledge onto my website, but if there's something you don't see, definitely let me know. I look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila