Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lunch Sack Recipe Book- A Quickie Tutorial

Time for a quickie show and tell. These brown lunch sack scrapbooks are fun to make and I did this one on the cheap with some of those little $1 scrap packs from Joann's and a set of vellum stickers from the dollar store. This one is a recipe book, which would make a great shower gift with recipes from all the attendees. Or you could do a cute "Girls Nite Out" album for everyone.

The How To: First you take 3-4 brown lunch bags and fold in half. Fold each bag in half and stack them, don't fold them together. It doesn't really matter which direction the flaps are going, you will be using them for sticking little pullouts in.

Next you want to stitch your binding on the sewing machine. Use a heavy duty needle and a long stitch length. Go slow and don't force it through or you will bend your needle.

Now you can start to build your pages with coordinating papers and embellishments. For this book I used the $1 scrap packs and blue and white index cards. I cut the corners off the index cards, punched a hole and tied a gingham ribbon through to make a tag style pull out, which I tucked in the flaps.

These pages can have a recipe card glued on or a photo. I printed the recipes on plain paper to glue onto the cards.

This is a little clip that I had in my scrap box. I tied a blue gingham ribbon to it and attached it to a piece of cardstock then glued it onto the page with a recipe card clipped to it.


Another good page for a photo.

Stickers from the scrap pack spell out "A Sweet Treat" and a vellum "recipe for love" sticker.
I stitched on a cardstock binding and used a Cropodile to punch the holes. I don't think a regular hole punch would work on this many layers. But you could just glue a ribbon over the edge and make a loop for hanging if you like.

Enjoy!








2 comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila