Thursday, November 20, 2008

All Ragged Out

Well I made it to the craft show setup and was only missing 6 purses, 5 wallets, and two baby quilts. The purses still need buttons and the quilts need to be clipped and washed. I will get them there by Friday. Of course I forgot my camera, so pics tomorrow.

I planned on finishing the purses tonight but was stahhhrvin' when I got home so I set out to make a decent dinner. Chicken Alfredo casserole which I just made up, kind of a mac 'n cheese redux, but much better with parmagan reggioano cream cheese sauce, penne pasta, chicken and peas and carrots.

Then I was going to clean the kitchen up, but I sat down and promptly fell asleep, until the phone rang. I got up and thought maybe a little something for dessert would be nice too. So I made up another Jiffy muffin mix recipe and it turned out really good. So, in case you are tuned in Mona, this is a pretty good little cheater recipe and it makes a small cake to serve for a few people. I did it in a loaf pan but could probably use an 8x8 if you want.

Jiffy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake

In small mixing bowl soak 3 Tbl oatmeal in 1/4 cup very hot water til water is absorbed
Add 1 Tbl cocoa powder, 1 box Jiffy Oatmeal Muffin Mix, 1 egg, and 1/3 cup milk
Stir in a handful (about 1/2 cup?) chocolate chips
Spray large loaf pan or 8X8 baking pan with nonstick spray, pour batter into pan
Sprinkle the top with another handful of chocolate chips and chopped nuts (optional)
Bake in 350 degree oven 20-25 mins until edges are brown and center is set.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila