Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Great Grape Massacre

I tried to put my jammin' pics up last night and gave up 'cause they wouldn't stay where I wanted them. But the jam turned out very nicely and I had a very tasty PB&J toast sandwich for breakfast this morning. I have only got half of the jam made so far, my stupid electronic glass stove decided to shut down on me last night halfway through processing the third batch. I wasn't sure how long they had been in the water bath, but they popped when I took them out to cool so I guess they are sealed OK.


Anyway I got 8 pints and 8 half pints done and can hopefully get the rest done tomorrow night. That should be plenty to keep us through the year and some to share with Miss Cassidy, who loves her "doni jelly."












I think I want to get a bread maker. With all this jam we are going to need a lot of bread and I hate going to the store. I could just buy those big bags of flour at Sams and make my own. And while the bread is making I can be down in the batcave sewing instead of taking the time to drive to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila