Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday Wish List 2010

Well there is no way you are going to want to pass on entering this. And besides that I love the questions and would love to read all your answers too. So here is my entry:

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme


TodaysMama (link to: http://bit.ly/tmwishlist) and GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.


1. What is your holiday wish for your family?

Lots of laughter and spending time together creating great memories.

2. What is your Christmas morning tradition?

We have a big buffet dinner and open most of our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve, so Christmas morning is for opening gifts from Santa. We have coffee and everybody usually scrounges up leftover meatball sandwiches or green chile tamales or ham and eggs while we play with the kids new toys. We are usually very lazy on Christmas morning. Oh, and I turn on A Christmas Story and watch it all day, well I don't really watch, just leave it on all day until Mr. Rainbow Creek can't take it anymore.


3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?

No brainer. This would definitely be a beach vaca. Someplace warm and tropical, a cottage just steps away from the water. 


4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?

We love to bake and decorate cookies with the kids. The girls and I love White Christmas and try to watch it every year. 

5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
  
My mom would play Monopoly with us, I think she usually won. Dad liked card games and would play almost any card game with us. We also played Sorry and Trouble.


6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?

Not much really. I sort of adopted my husbands family traditions since we were living near his family, then eventually it just evolved into our own traditions. The one thing I would say I have carried on from my family is that Christmas is more about the children and creating a magical time for them. We don't really expect a lot of gifts or spend much money on the adults, to me being together and enjoying the excitement with the kids is the best part of Christmas.


7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip?

See #3 above. The beach of course, silly.

8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? 

Ha! this is pretty funny because I am clueless when it comes to games. But I did go to see what a Kinect is and that is definitely on the top of my list for Destructo Boy and Fatty. And I know that Anna would love a Wii, so I could go with that. And probably music games for the Wii since they love dance parties.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila