Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just something I whipped up

I got thrown for a loop with the "big dig" plumbing mess. I have to say that there is nothing more disconcerting than seeing a jackhammer tear a 2 foot wide trench across your bedroom and a 3 foot high pile of dirt across the room. But it was amazing how fast and efficient they were at putting it all back together and making it look like it never even happened. So as soon as that was over I got back to doing a little sewing and whipped up a Winnie the Pooh rag quilt for a baby shower this weekend. I am not usually into character prints, but I added a nice selection of minky and chenille to pop the colors out of this one and I think it turned out pretty nice.

I had to put my store on vacation hold this week because I can't take the stress of trying to ship orders in this chaos. HA! some vacation huh?

I really like the green stripe minky and the dark blue.

I made a couple of burp cloths and made one into a cute little burp cloth cupcake just for fun.

I also made a little 9 patch raggy out of 4 patches in an adorable classic toys flannel print with blue gingham print flannel and dark blue minky. I have a tutorial for this one coming later this week!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Doni! Glad you got the plumbing problems taken care of...what a pain! I'm sure you're happy to have your bedroom back, too!

    Those little quilts and burp cloths are too cute. I love the Winnie the Pooh one...adorable! I'm sure the recipient is going to love them!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute. I still have lots of special orders with characters. And once again we have the same Winnie fabric...lol

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila