Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Retro Roosters Are Back!

I saw a discussion about rooster theme kitchens the other day and almost commented on the cool retro rooster canister sets I have stashed away.


So what did I find on my most recent trip to the fabric store? These cute retro rooster prints, which I couldn't resist.


So I played around today with this child's apron pattern, so cute, what little girl wouldn't want a rooster apron with a red checkered flounce?




And the fabric journal cover. Keep your recipe's and cooking notes handy in the kitchen here.
This pattern is so quick and easy, I think I will be making a lot more of these.

I tried one yesterday out of some heavier decorator fabric and really liked the way it turned out. I think I will try some in batiks and then there are the retro Boho fabrics that would be great too.

Then I did a little rag quilted table centerpiece mat and mug rug set.


These rooster prints were so much fun I almost went and dug out my canister sets.

2 comments:

  1. Well if you aren't the creative Diva!
    Love the apron...I agree, any little girl would love one.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found your blog...I was your daughters swap buddy! I just love the things you made...my daughter is in her princess jammies wearing her apron!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila