Friday, August 1, 2008

A Bit of Excitement!

Well I did manage to make the deadline and get a few entries in for the RQQ (Rag Queen Quilters) virtual County Fair. Rag Queen Quilters is a really great group of ebay sellers. Theresa is one of the mods and came up with the idea for the County Fair and it did stir up some excitement I think. After the judging we will be listing our items for the monthly customer appreciation sale. If you search ebay for *RQQ* you will find the special sale items.

My first entry was this huge Weekender Market Bag in a great diamond batik print. I had a lot of fun designing this.


The grandmother's fan Rag Quilt Purse was something new and fun. I bought a little dresden plate ruler at the Denver quilt show a few weeks ago and made a pillow case with the fan border for my swap partner in the Color Me Happy Swaparooni. The ruler is really neat, you just pick the size of your fan blades and then flip it back and forth to cut perfect little blades with no waste at all. I am not really a shabby chic or Victorian kind of girl, but I thought the theme of this was kind of pretty. I finished it with a vintage button from my mother in law's collection.

The baby quilt is my attempt at a scrappy nine patch, done with mostly Moda Apron Strings prints and in Rag Quilt style. I was not too happy with it. I put a chenille border on it, but don't like it because it came out too small. I will get around to ripping off the border and fix it sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks beautiful (including the quilt you're not so sure of!) You did a great job girl.

    Congratulations and best wishes on your new site!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila